Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Cat:
8 Simple Reasons to Bring Home an Adult Cat
1. Adult cats are fully grown, already trained and familiar with humans, and have socialized skills. With adult cats, “What you see is what you get!”
2. Adult cats have already learned the ways of the litter box, the food and water dishes, and how to clean themselves (unlike kittens who, like babies, aren’t always careful about where they pee, what they put in their mouths, or how to bathe!).
3. Adult cats will catch on to your household rules quickly, and adapt themselves to your routine.
4. Unlike kittens that are teething–and therefore chewing–adult cats will leave your plants, electric cords, and fingers and toes alone!
5. Instead of a kitten that insists on your playing and tussling when you come home after a difficult day, when you’d really prefer to curl up in a chair and relax, your adult cat will happily curl up with you!
6. Your adult cat will nap quietly at night with you, rather than knock over your knickknacks, tackle your curtain tassels, or nip at your nose!
7. Mature cats generally interact better with children than kittens do–they’re more patient and even-tempered, and less likely to scratch or bite out of fear.
8. Our adult cats are prepared to live with you and love you, right from the start! Whether they were feral cats that are now accustomed to people through living at our shelter, or older cats that lost their former homes, they are full of unconditional love to give, and only need your love and attention to blossom into companions who will devote themselves to you for years and years to come.